Re: jipd-grid-0.0.1 error

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: jipd-grid-0.0.1 error
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 00:18:36 +0100

At 08.02 31/01/2001 -0800, you wrote:
PT> address@hidden/Swarm-2.1.1/jipd-grid-0.0.1] $ jdkcswarm *.java

The fact you can do this tells me you've either modified your
environment or the JDK install.  (Normally you'd have to use `make'.)

If I use make I obtain a lot of errors: the following are the first few lines:

address@hidden/Swarm-2.1.1/jipd-grid-0.0.1] $ make
CLASSPATH=ptolemy.plot.jar: /Swarm-2.1.1/bin/javacswarm Location.java ObserverSwarm.java PrisonerException.java SwarmRaster.java Main.java Payoffs.java Strategy.java ModelSwarm.java Prisoner.java StrategyGrapher.java

Issued 1 system warning:

*** Warning: "ptolemy.plot.jar:" is either not a valid zip file or it contains a zip file comment. If it contains a comment, rezip it without the comment...

Found 2 semantic errors compiling "C:/Swarm-2.1.1/jipd-grid-0.0.1/Location.java":

    22.             if ((y+1 < grid.getHeight())
*** Error: No method named "getHeight" was found in type "SwarmRaster"

    28.             if ((x+1 < grid.getWidth())
*** Error: No method named "getWidth" was found in type "SwarmRaster"

Found 7 semantic errors compiling "C:/Swarm-2.1.1/jipd-grid-0.0.1/SwarmRaster.java":

     1. import javax.swing.JFrame;
*** Error: "javax/swing/JFrame" is either a misplaced package name or a non-existent entity.

        Pietro