Re: ASM on Compaq(DEC) Tru64 UNIX

From: W . Northcott
Subject: Re: ASM on Compaq(DEC) Tru64 UNIX
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:21:01 +1000

This follows on from my debugger dump a few mesages back.

Among the comments at the top of BFparams.m is the following:
><Apology mode> Note further, I did not write "get" methods for every
>variable in the BFParams class. It just seemed onerous to do so......

It seems there are not methods for any of these functions.

Why were getInt and getDouble written as C functions, rather than methods
of the class BFparams which can then be inherited down to privateParams??
This seems to me to be where the code is derailing.  Calling out of a
method to a C function in another source file and back to an object method
is scrambling the pointer to ivarName.

While getInt fouls up, something like privatePramas->numfcasts returns an
appropriate value

Bill Northcott