Mathematica to Java made easier

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Mathematica to Java made easier
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:47:56 -0600

Just thought this might be of interest:

I just grabbed a beta and free (as in costs no
money) version of JLink, a new product from Mathematica that
allows for easy two way communcation between a Java program
and Mathematica. Previous solutions, such as MathLink were
costly, proprietary, and in C (of course JLink may not cost
$0 for long either).

The URL:

http://www.wolfram.com/news/jlink.html

One interesting feature is the ability to display images
(equations, graphs etc.) rendered by the Mathematica kernel
in a Java window. Although I haven't quite worked out the
details yet this means that one could  in theory feed data
from a JavaSwarm program to the kernel, perform some
analysis and manipulation and incorporate the output (e.g.
3D parametric plots) in a Java GUI window.

Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stefansson      | address@hidden
CASA, Inc.               | Ph : (505) 988-8807 x101