Re: Mathematica to Java made easier

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: Mathematica to Java made easier
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 11:05:42 -0600

Ralf Stephan wrote:

> Benedikt:
> > DataExplorer seems to be overkill for simple plots,
>
> Did you try GNUplot?  AFAIK, there's 3D graphics inside.
>
> http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/gnuplot_info.html

Yep, I've used Gnuplot for years. The particular problem that I'm trying
to solve is to plot a 3D graph with a color overlay, i.e. plot together
one matrix with the height values for each x,y coordinate and another
matrix of color values for each x,y coordinate. Gnuplot can't handle that
unfortunately, unless I'm mistaken.

Regards,
Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stefansson      | address@hidden
CASA, Inc.               | Ph : (505) 988-8807 x101