Re: BibTeX reference to SWARM

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: BibTeX reference to SWARM
Date: 29 Apr 1999 17:17:43 -0600

NM> Sadly, it's not formally published. The SFI working paper series
NM> claims that this will appear in thte book, "The Economy as an
NM> Evolving, Complex System II, edited by W. Brian Arthur et al.
NM> (Addison-Wesley), but I believe that's not correct.

NM> So how's this for a reference? The URL field is not standard
NM> BiBTeX to my knowledge, but it's easy to hack a .bst to add it
NM> in. the HTML formatting command at the bottom comes with html.sty,
NM> useful and widely available.

You're right, url is not a standard BibTeX field, but I've written two
inhouse stylefiles `plain-url.bst' and `abstract-url.bst' which
enhance the standard plain.bst and abstract.bst to handle URLs as well
as abstracts, so we could easily generate HTML and DVI/PostScript from
the BibTeX database with and without abstracts.  I'm happy to forward
it to anybody who's interested (email me privately).  It supports the
right format so that LaTeX2Html will recognize the URL as such aand
format it as a hyperlink.

Alex

--
  Alex Lancaster           |  e-mail: address@hidden