Re: Printing screen captures

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Printing screen captures
Date: 28 Apr 1999 19:46:21 -0700

>>>>> "D3" == donalson  <address@hidden> writes:

D3> They all look really great when
D3> displayed but when printed on my new HP880c look very washed out.
D3> (Print priview is fine.)  The pictures are very similar to the
D3> Heatbug displays with 32 shades of red representing agent density
D3> in each cell (as opposed to heat.)

If your paint program has a gamma correction feature to lighten and
darken RGB components, that might help.  Many Unix installations have
this as `pnmgamma'.  Or maybe put a multiplier in your program so
that the shades of red are more dramatic?

D3> As long as I am asking questions, what is the best way to
D3> reference SWARM when writing the paper.  No one seems to be
D3> progressive enough yet to accept web addresses as a reference and
D3> I don't know of the "consumate" published SWARM paper/reference.

@Misc{Minar:1996,
  author ={Nelson Minar and Rogert Burkhart and Chris Langton and Manor
Askenazi},
  title = {The Swarm Simulation System: A Toolkit for Building Multi-Agent
Simulations },
  institution =  sfi,
  year =         1996,
  howpublished = sfi_wp # " 96-06-042",
  url =         {http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/swarmdoc/swarmdoc.html},
  abstract = {Swarm is a multi-agent software platform for the
simulation of complex adaptive systems. In the Swarm system the basic
unit of simulation is the swarm, a collection of agents executing a
schedule of actions. Swarm supports hierarchical modeling approaches
whereby agents can be composed of swarms of other agents in nested
structures. Swarm provides object oriented libraries of reusable
components for building models and analyzing, displaying, and
controlling experiments on those models. Swarm is currently available
as a beta version in full, free source code form. It requires the GNU
C Compiler, Unix, and X Windows. More information about Swarm can be
obtained from our web pages
\htmladdnormallink{http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm}{http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm}}