one more chapter in the sun installation saga

From: Paul Box
Subject: one more chapter in the sun installation saga
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:55:04 -0600

Hell again

Well, I was able to fully build and install swarm from the source
code, using gcc 2.8.1 on our sun sparc ultras.  After running 'make
install' and 'rehash', I tested the installation using the old trusty
heatbugs build.

Here's what happened when I tried to make heatbugs:

gcc -g -O2 -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib
-L/auto/d2/gnu/lib -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib
-L/auto/d2/gnu/lib -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib -o
heatbugs Heatbug.o HeatSpace.o main.o HeatbugModelSwarm.o
HeatbugObserverSwarm.o HeatbugBatchSwarm.o -lspace -lanalysis -lsimtools
-lsimtoolsgui -ltkobjc -ltclobjc -lactivity -lrandom -lobjectbase -lcollections
-ldefobj -lmisc -lBLT -ltk8.0 -ltcl8.0 -lXpm -lpng -lhdf5 -lz -lffi -lX11
-lsocket -lnsl -lm -lobjc -ldl -R/auto/d2/gnu/lib -R/auto/d2/gnu/lib
-R/auto/d2/gnu/lib -R/auto/d2/gnu/lib
Tcl_GetFile                         /auto/d2/gnu/lib/libtclobjc.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to heatbugs
make: *** [heatbugs] Error 1

Seems vaguely familiar to the obj_malloc story from yesterday.  Does
this mean I have a conflicting version of something else?