BibTeX reference to SWARM

From: Eric Werk
Subject: BibTeX reference to SWARM
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:18:10 +0200

About the BibTeX reference, I get

Warning--string name "sfi" is undefined
Warning--string name "sfi_wp" is undefined

Of course, "sfi" is Santa Fe Institute, but what is the "sfi_wp" in the
howpublished field? (this field is displayed in the bibliography, so it
should be useful information)
Ah, I get it: "Santa Fe Institute, working paper", right?

And the article states:
"Draft version, please do not reference or distribute"

Is it nice to reference it, then? :-) Personally, I reference HTML pages
like this:

@Misc{http:swarm,
  author =       {Alex Lancaster},
  title =        {The Swarm Simulation System},
  howpublished = {http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/},
  note =         {Santa Fe Institute}
}

The author is the person maintaining the site. "year" and "month" fields
have no meaning (unless you want to point out that you used a page that
might be changed now...) The "institution" field is not displayed with
the Misc entrytype, so I put that in "note". (I know thats not nice, is
there a better way?)

What do you think, is that an acceptable BibTeX style? I've heard there
is an extention to BibTeX for HTML, but I havent gone into that.

/Eric Werk

PS Am I off-topic here? This seems to be more about BibTeX than SWARM...