Re: help with running demo programs

From: Karin Hollerbach
Subject: Re: help with running demo programs
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:32:25 -0800

Thanks to everyone who sent helpful comments.
We have swarm and all the demo apps up and running.
Thanks also to whomever put in all the effort into developing the tutorials
and demos, including the documentation and comments. They were extremely
helpful. I found them very well done. It's really nice when people take the
time to write things that are that helpful.

Karin

>The first thing to know about running Swarm under Solaris is that
>a shared library build won't work, it is necessary to configure with
>--disable-shared.  This should eliminate the problems with -Wl,-rpath
>you're having.
>
>The crash in checkPath is probably due to incorrect paths being compiled-in
>to Tcl/Tk.  Does it help to set TCL_LIBRARY to the path that has init.tcl?
>(Probably something like /usr/local/lib/tcl8.0.)
>

>                  ==================================
>   Swarm-Support is for discussion of the technical details of the day
>   to day usage of Swarm.  For list administration needs (esp.
>   [un]subscribing), please send a message to <address@hidden>
>   with "help" in the body of the message.

Karin Hollerbach, PhD

Computer Systems Research Group