png movies: small problems

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: png movies: small problems
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 01:16:15 -0500

I have three small questions/problems making movies:

(a) under redhat-5.1, the program 'pngtopnm' (part of the script Marcus
posted) dumps core. It is included in package libgr-progs-2.0.13-4.rpm. I
have upgraded libpng to 1.0.2 from redhat's /contrib. Anyone seen this?
Anyone know of any solution?

(The procedure works, for whatever reason, under redhat-4.2. So it's
probably a version mismatch between libraries ...)

(b) I snagged packages 'fbm' and 'fbm2fli' from suse's web site, but since
suse 5.3 is libc-based and redhat-5.1 is glibc-based, there may be
problems. Anyone know of rpm's for these two packages that are destined for
glibc-based systems?

(c) Swarm 1.3.1 compiles just fine under redhat-4.2; but my app dumps core.
It's in -createEnd for Pixmap. So I suspect libpng. What's the required
version of this library? (rh4.2 has v0.89).

[ As may be deduced from the above, I can run my app under redhat 5.1 and
produce .png snapshots, then reboot to redhat 4.2 and produce a .fli file,
which runs just fine with xanim under either 4.2 or 5.1. So I'm almost
there! ]

Thanks,
Sven