RE: help with running demo programs

From: Steve Brophy
Subject: RE: help with running demo programs
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:37:15 -0400

I had the same type of problems building under Solaris, the final
trick that got things working for me was to make sure that /usr/ucb
was not in your PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

This tip was in the "porting.notes" file in the tcl build area.
Possibly
one of the configure scripts was using the wrong "ld" program when
setting up the Makefile.  After fixing my PATH, I reconfigured and
build the tcl, tk, BLT packages and then swarm and everything
worked, without having to fix Makefiles.

It's one more thing to check anyway.

Steve Brophy
address@hidden
Center for Electronic Commerce,  ERIM     Ann Arbor MI