Apple dumping ObjectiveC for Java ?

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Apple dumping ObjectiveC for Java ?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 11:31:44 -0600

The sad story that Benedikt quoted from can be found online at:
<http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/reviews/1103/03rhap.html>.

(For Mac lovers, there's also discussion of Linux on the Mac at:
<http://www. macintouch.com/linuxletter.html> )

This story just points out the danger of spending too much time on the
computing aspects of simulation: any technical knowledge we have (e.g.
about ObjectiveC) becomes obsolete or irrelevant frightfully fast.
Hopefully, any knowledge we have in our fields of expertise is a little
more enduring ...

Perhaps if Apple wants to dump ObjectiveC, they can be persuaded to give it
to someone else, or even release it into public domain?

Scott, do you hear anything concrete from Apple ?

Sven