spamass-milt-list

-u option on CVS

From: Daniel A. Deitch
Subject: -u option on CVS
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 15:27:12 -0500

I’m having a strange problem … the milter is up and working beautifully. I have a “–x –u sharedspam” option set to resolve Virtmaps and if nothing else, use the “sharedspam” user so that bayes and such can learn. The only thing is that when I look through the maillog, sometimes it says (I’ve truncated long lines) this reverts to root:

Feb  5 20:20:40 goitrain spamd[9870]: handle_user: unable to find user 'info'!
Feb  5 20:20:40 goitrain spamd[9870]: Still running as root: user not specified with -u, not found, or set to root.  Fall back to nobody.

I’ve been looking through the maillog and it appears that it resolves virtmap names to real local accounts fine. It appears to resolve multiple real local recipients to sharedspam. It appears to resort to root whenever a pure Virtmap (forward/alias) is used. I have several domains that are pure forwards, there are no local accounts. The milter does it’s job and tags the message, but I lose the bayes and learning abilities and the ability to set a custom white/blacklist for them as their mail always seems to run as root.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Daniel

Daniel A. Deitch, President • iTrain Technologies, Ltd.

po box 13833 • atlanta, ga   30324-0833 • 404-876-1929 (o)

404-935-5005 (f) • www.goitrain.com