Re: [Simulavr-devel] Dokumentation needed

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Dokumentation needed
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 21:49:32 +0100

Hi Oleg,

And yes, another thing - Im waiting Klaus to do changes in
HWPort class. Now I see that having Pins in HWPort and hacking it with
PortAtPin is not a good solution ;)
I think that its good to have PortAtPin which is inherited from Pin and
"shares" itself between HWport and other HW friends. Anyway, Klaus
allready have its solution :)

No, I have no solution in the moment, I only see that the actual implementation is not nice but working but more complex as needed I think. There are a lot of functionality around this item and a lot of classes:
Pin, PinAtPort, HwPort and some "friendly" interfaces...

The oposite solution is having a lot of Pins, and HWPort is "holding" a list of this pins.
But this consumes a lot of time during evaluation of Pin states. :-(
After first impementation I introduce some kind of "information server" which ditribute changes in pins which maybe could help to distribute the state change info to the then
external pins....

What do you think, you have looked inside the code and sometimes it is helpful to get other
ideas!

Thanks
   Klaus