Re: [Simulavr-devel] Dokumentation needed

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Dokumentation needed
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 08:01:39 +0100 (MET)

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to figure out, how to use the scripting interface.
> As I'm not so successfull enhancing the anacomp example, (I added some
> other
> Ports on B, changed the example to "count up" on PortB but only got the
> state
> "S" (?) on the Ports....)

S is short circuit. This occures if you give a logic value H or L to
the pin and the pin itself is serving the opposite logic level. Set your
external pin to T (tristate) or "l" / "h" if you want a pull up/down
from the outside world. Thats it.

> I would like to ask if there's any documentaion for the commands
> simulavrxx's
> interface offers...

Sorry, actual nothing on scripting.
For scripting you can really use ALL methods you can find in the c++
classes.
I simply put nearly all senseful header files into the swig and so you
are able to use all the functions you can use from c++ level.

Maybe you are requesting what is inside the first gui.tcl file. This only
planned as an example and is not really intended to be a base for
real world applications... but yes, it could be used for some
experiments, I also use them (thats the reason why they exist :-)

> (As this is THE feature of simulavxx, which lacks in the Atmel AVR,
> writing
> here an documentation would greatly improve simulavrxx reputation and
> usability)

I know this. But time is not available as needed, sorry for this! I hope
I could improve the situation next weeks.

Feel free to ask again and again if you have some problems digging into
the simulavrxx world...

Thanks

    Klaus

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!