Re: [Simulavr-devel] Intel hex format support

From: Jussi Pitkanen
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Intel hex format support
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 22:08:35 +0000

From: "Theodore A. Roth" <address@hidden>
To: Jussi Pitkanen <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:07:59 -0800 (PST)

Ok, I have looked more deeply into your patch and there's still a few
things that bother me.

I think it is better to have a single function which reads and parses
the hex file. You have duplicated the ihex parser in flash and eeprom.

In both of your parsers, you are not examining the rectype field. This
will cause a serious problem when the user tries to load a rom image
larger than 64K.

I'm sorry because wasting your time with these quick'n'dirty hacks. So I made a new patch ;-).

I made a new file named ihex.c (& ihex.h). In this file we have the ihex parser. Now the rectype field is handled. Hmm.. after we have loaded data from an ihex flash image file we must "swap" the bytes. Is here some better way to do this?

--
Jussi Pitkanen