Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavr and Atmega128

From: Hermann Kraus
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavr and Atmega128
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:37:46 +0200

> This is a known problem. The mega128 support was a quick hack to allow
> debuging of larger rom images. This really isn't as bad as it seems
> since io register support in simulavr is rather weak at this point.
> It's a difficult problem that I've been thinking about for way too
> long and need to start working on again.
Hello Ted,

I'm working on the io register support as you can read in "Making simulavr
more device independent". I'll post a patch if at least some functions are
supported. But there are really a lot of things to change. I think while
changing this it would be possible to add support for the upper registers.
I only need your ok to _really_ change the system io registers are handled in
simulavr. I'll patch all files, write some documentation how to uses it and
-if you want- do the developer-support for it. But it's useless to write all
this, which is much work, if it won't be integrated in the offical release(of
course only when it's nearly bugfree).

Hermann