Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavr and Atmega128

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavr and Atmega128
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:24:15 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Slawomir Kawalek wrote:

:) Hello!
:)
:) I have compiled Simulavr on CygWin...and it really works...together with
:) AVR_GDB...
:)
:) But...I found problem with simulating ATmega128...
:)
:) It looks that Simulavr knows only first IO regioster from address 0020 to
:) 005F...
:) As I know that Atmega128 has 160 extended registers from 0020 to 00FF.
:) When I use in my program these extended registers I get an warrning in
:) function which write to memory in Simulavr...
:)
:) Anyway I also notice that in the program source code is set range from $20
:) to $60 for IO
:) register and SimulAvr raport to GDB that only "40" (in hex...) IO registers
:) exist
:) in device...
:)
:)
:) My question:
:)
:) Is there any newest version which support Atmega128?
:)
:) I was trying by myself correct Simulavr for Atmega128 but...it is time
:) consuming, and maybe it is already done...

This is a known problem. The mega128 support was a quick hack to allow
debuging of larger rom images. This really isn't as bad as it seems
since io register support in simulavr is rather weak at this point.
It's a difficult problem that I've been thinking about for way too
long and need to start working on again.

Ted Roth