RE: [RP] what about... (features)

From: Casey Allen Shobe
Subject: RE: [RP] what about... (features)
Date: Thu Apr 24 06:37:18 2003

I wrote:
> Now this I like.  Yes, please!  Maybe a --with-readline[=PATH] option
> to the configure script?

Whoops, responded too soon - this is a good example of the pain I feel from
the rdesktop issue - I was composing the email in rdesktop, and C-t, Enter
sent rdesktop C-Enter, and so the message sent :\...anyways, continuing...

Phil wrote:
> Another feature I can think of for minimal mouse support would be to
> be able to paste from X into the input-window of ratpoison. It would
> be good in the shell input window too, but this one might be better
> off handled by an external program like run-free or similar.

Why would you ever want this?  You'd have to change the current way the
mouse works - and you can currently configure short aliases and/or hotkeys
in your ratpoisonrc file.  For example, C-t,W starts Konqueror for me,
C-t,:win starts an Xnest with an rdesktop session for me, etc.

Here's mine, for an example:
user address@hidden:/home/cshobe$ cat /etc/ratpoisonrc
alias lock exec /bin/xscreensaver-command -lock
bind L lock
alias konq exec /bin/konqueror --profile webbrowsing
bind W konq
alias win exec /home/cshobe/bin/startwindows

> Is there any mouse support in rp? not that I can think of...
> If it is the case, maybe it should stay that way cause it's
> clean and clearly defined as a limit for it's development.

I agree.

- Casey