[Protux-devel] 20,24,32 and 64 bit support

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] 20,24,32 and 64 bit support
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:04:53 -0300

I improved (even more....) MADM to support 20 24 32 and 64 bit audio,
and now I am on my way to make protux understand such files and formats.
But probably I wont be able to test since I have only sound blowsters here...

Does anybody have a 64 bit audio sound card ? please let me know ...

Also, I improved the way MADM handles xruns.

OFF TOPIC comment :

Somebody told me that MADM (MustuxAudioDeviceMapper) is the "Threaded Jack". Of
course it is
exagerated, since MADM cannot connect several applications like Jack does. But
in some
sense, we have already a very good wrapper for ALSA. Writing a ALSA based audio
application
through MADM is becoming easier and easier.
Also, I always preferred the threaded approach for audio transfer, rather than
the callback approach
that Jack uses. If we put MADM to its limits, maybe we will see many
applications using it in the future.
MADM slogan could be  "let mustux do the dirty ALSA work..." :-)

[]s