Re: [Protux-devel] 20,24,32 and 64 bit support

From: Reinhard Amersberger
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] 20,24,32 and 64 bit support
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 18:24:02 +0200

address@hidden schrieb am 28.08.03 01:12:40:

> I improved (even more....) MADM to support 20 24 32 and 64 bit audio,
> and now I am on my way to make protux understand such files and formats.
> But probably I wont be able to test since I have only sound blowsters here...
>
> Does anybody have a 64 bit audio sound card ? please let me know ...

Hhmmm ... I already don't even know about hardware that support 64 bit audio; I
also just have some soundblaster ... ;-)

But what about contacting your contact persons of rme and/or midiman in brazil?
I think they are interested to borrow you some adequate hardware for testing
purposes under linux ... assumed they already have such a hardware! ;-)

> OFF TOPIC comment :
>
> Somebody told me that MADM (MustuxAudioDeviceMapper) is the "Threaded Jack".
> Of course it is
> exagerated, since MADM cannot connect several applications like Jack does.
> But in some
> sense, we have already a very good wrapper for ALSA. Writing a ALSA based
> audio application
> through MADM is becoming easier and easier.
> Also, I always preferred the threaded approach for audio transfer, rather
> than the callback approach
> that Jack uses. If we put MADM to its limits, maybe we will see many
> applications using it in the future.
> MADM slogan could be "let mustux do the dirty ALSA work..." :-)

:-)) hehe, good idea! :-))
Maybe this funny innuendo will cause the alsa developers to give better support
or writing better documentations in the future? ;-)

greetings
Reinhard