Re: [Protux-devel] Good news about 0.17.1

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Good news about 0.17.1
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 21:20:30 +0100

On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 14:32:08 -0200
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> Arming is now only <R> ( no more <RT> ) because when you PLAY (<SPACE>) with
> some track armed, protux will record on those armed track, as we discussed
> some time ago .
> IF there is no track armed, <SPACE> works like a simple PLAY. If there is
> some
> trakc armed, <SPACE> works like PLAY+REC .

yeah... it is logical... i'm just not used to it yet ;-)

> But the recording stuff is not working yet, As I said,  it is the only part
> adapt before 0.17.1

perhaps this may help for debugging the recording/arming part:

if i select the bus EMU10K1:0 using <BV> and toggle the track recordable with
<R> i got
*** Error in int MustuxAudioDeviceMapper::Bus::open(int, int, int)
Invalid sample rate (44100 Hz) to bus EMU10K1:0 (hw:0,2) . ALSA ERROR : Invalid
argument
*** Error in int Track::arm()
Cannot arm track

if i select EMU10K1:1 and arm, i got
*** Error in int MustuxAudioDeviceMapper::Bus::open(int, int, int)
Invalid sample rate (44100 Hz) to bus EMU10K1:1 (hw:0,1) . ALSA ERROR : Invalid
argument
*** Error in int Track::arm()
Cannot arm track

the funny thing is that protux-bus 0 tries to open hw:0,2, and protux-bus 1
tries to open hw:0,1... and there is no way to select hw:0.0...

/Martin

*** Error in int Track::arm()
Cannot arm track

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy:
->http://gnuwin.epfl.ch