Re: [Protux-devel] Good news about 0.17.1

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Good news about 0.17.1
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 21:14:22 +0100

On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 14:33:01 -0200
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> no problem, I wont package until youre done.
> ANyway, I'd like to ask somebody to make such package, since my connection is
> too slow to upload big stuff.
>
> Thanks

ok, current cvs has been re-autotoolized (both, libmustux and protux).
i hope it will work for everybody. there is still lot to improve, but it should
work.

it has somewhat changed what to edit in Makefile.am when adding/removing files.
but if you look how it is done for other classes, you should be able to figure
it out. the biggest difference is now that every class which is a Q_OBJECT has
its moc_ClassName.cc file listed in Makefile.am as well... just look how it's
done for the other files...

the build process is now just
$ ./configure
$ make
$ su -c 'make install'
for the releases as well as for the cvs version !

if you change a Makefile.am, you'll need to run automake.
if you make small changes in configure.ac (like changing the version number),
you'll have to run autoconf before. if you make big changes to configure.ac
(like adding new commands/scripts), you may need to run aclocal, autoheader and
libtoolize as well.

the protux ./configure script checks if a specific version of libmustux is
installed. so when releasing 0.17.1 in addition to change the version number to
0.17.1, you may want to have it check for libmustux 0.17.1 as well, thus you'll
have to adapt the line AC_PATH_MUSTUX([0.17.0],...

if it's not clear, ask...

/Martin

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy:
->http://gnuwin.epfl.ch