Re: [Protux-devel] autotoolized mustache, please test

From: dax wood
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] autotoolized mustache, please test
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 02:46:47 -0800 (PST)

--- Martin Herren <address@hidden> wrote:
> dax wood wrote:
>
> >It worked for me but only after some tweaking(non-code).
> >
> >basicly i had to:
> >
> >libtoolize --force
> >aclocal
> >autoconf
> >automake
> >

> Ooops, normaly the provided configure scripts doesn't require you to
> do
> this steps... what did a simple ./configure (or a .(/configure
> --with-qt-prefix=/opt/qt) give ?

./configure --with-qt-prefix=/opt/qt [no problems]

[i just like testing peoples macros againt my non-standard sys]
 [using autoconf --version 2.57 && automake --version 1.7.2]

> >./configure --with-qt-prefix=/opt/qt
> >
> >all fine after with the make.
> >
> >but some questions.
> >
> >1: why is qt optional? (as displayed in ./configure --help)
> >
> qt is not optional, but the options
>  --with-qt-prefix
>  --with-qt-lib-dir
>  --with-qt-include-dir
>  --with-qt-bin-dir
> are optional. If you don't provide them, there is a set of  default
> path...
>
> >2: why is it only looking for moc in
> >             /usr/lib/qt2/bin
> >             /usr/lib/qt3/bin
> >             /usr/lib/qt/bin
> >
> it looks there in addition to the $PATH variable (containing at least
>
> /bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin...)
> I'll add /opt/qt as a standard prefix to look at.
>
> >could it not check the environment VAR $QTDIR?
> >
> thanks, i'll look at that... i heard about this variable years ago
> when
> i first discovered qt (1.2 or something like that), and forgot it's
> existance... but the thing is, we can't rely on only $QTDIR, as many
> systems don't set it per default

  I built qt from scratch {2 days compiling}
    and the source compile strangely needed QTDIR -> build/install dir

  I just left it in my startup scripts for older qt apps :)

Ted K.