paragui-users

RE: [paragui-users] OpenGL

From: Dinand Vanvelzen
Subject: RE: [paragui-users] OpenGL
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:11:06 +0200

I'm not an Linux expert,.. still learning it but my game eats up all my
time. I think when you put linux thus cross-platform development into
the picture the OpenGL standard comes with certainties, mainly that all
OpenGL
Implementations are guaranteed to produce exactly the same image
regardless of platform or hardware. That is certainly not true in all
cases for all blitting implementations. There are lots of nice bonuses
like this when using OpenGL.
OpenGL was widely used in Loki games who made some excellent Linux
games.
And the probably the best choice as a cross-platform rendering API.

Greetings.
DV