Re: Just updated from CentOS 7 to Rocky Linux 8.5 and can't find nmh any

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: Just updated from CentOS 7 to Rocky Linux 8.5 and can't find nmh anywhere
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 17:26:28 -0500

>post can't send mail, but I'm using a very non-standard mailer.  Going to
>convert to postfix and will let you know if there are problems.

My general feeling about THAT is you should configure post to talk to
a preferred SMTP server, which is what every other MUA in existence
expects you to do (that SMTP server could live on localhost if you
really want to do that).  I will acknowledge that not everyone agrees
with me on that.

The "standard" way post expects a local mailer to work is that it can
run it with some switches so it can speak SMTP to the mailer process.  You
can run it in a mode where it just sends the message to to the mailer
process, at the cost of reduced functionality.