nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 10:52:51 +0200

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016, at 23:44, Faissal Bensefia wrote:
> Ignore the last patch I sent, it had a mistake, this one fixes the
> issues properly.
> Now refreshes the whole page when line numbering is toggled,

Ehm... no, not for me.  You need to add a case in do_toggle()
in src/nano.c.

> and added
> command line options for it (-l and --linenumbers). Attached.

Okay.  But... you didn't answer the question I asked in this email:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2016-09/msg00017.html

To see the effect of your "COLS + 1" change, run:
   stty cols 80 && src/nano --linenum +5 NEWS
and type A eight times.  See how a t appears before line number 6.

(Attached is a tweaked patch, with some whitespace cleaned up
and putting code after declarations.)

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Same, same, but different...