nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 13:09:36 +0200

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016, at 12:23, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Okay.  Now try this:
>   stty cols 44 && src/nano --ignore --soft --linenum +4 README.GIT
>
> Notice how line 4 is wrapped over three lines, but the third line
> is empty.  Now press <Down>.  One expects the cursor to go to the
> start of line 5, but instead it goes to the empty tail of line 4.

I need to add: the softwrap code still has several bugs, so maybe
not all bugs that your patch reveals are caused by your patch.
So when changing something, think twice whether the original
code is correct.

(The above bug, however, is in your patch.  Without it, using stty
cols 38 and no --linenum, the cursor moves correctly.)

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Accessible with your email software
                          or over the web