nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 12:23:03 +0200

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016, at 16:43, Faissal Bensefia wrote:
> On 18/09/16 19:09, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> I have attached the new patch.

Okay.  Now try this:
  stty cols 44 && src/nano --ignore --soft --linenum +4 README.GIT

Notice how line 4 is wrapped over three lines, but the third line
is empty.  Now press <Down>.  One expects the cursor to go to the
start of line 5, but instead it goes to the empty tail of line 4.
Not good.  Now press <Right> <Right>...  The cursor moves as if
there is a very long invisible tail on line 4.  Now press W.  The
character appears in line 5, but the cursor stays on the line above
it.  Also notice how line 5 seems to be broken into two lines and
all the lines after it were renumbered.  But that is all just in
appearance -- things are messed up and the cursor is never shown
where it really is.

> Sorry about being too terse, I hope this is a bit better.

Yes, much better.  Thanks.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - mmm... Fastmail...