nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 21:39:37 +0200

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016, at 13:53, Faissal Bensefia wrote:
> On 28/08/16 09:24, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > About the patch itself.  There is a shorter way to implement
> > the function intlen().  See the function digits() here:
> >
> >     git log -p -1 f111c0 src/utils.c
>
> That method is slow, see:
> http://stackoverflow.com/a/3069580/5269447

Sure, it is slow.  But you should need it just a few times,
not for every line -- it should be possible to print the number
right-aligned in the available space.

> I've attached the diffs with git format-patch like you asked.

Thanks.  It was interesting to see the way you proceed.
But as an end result I want to see a single patch, based
off the current state of nano's git.  (All the revision.h
stuff should be absent from it, for example.  And all the
reformatting too.  Also, it seems you have some trailing
whitespace here and there.  Get rid of that too.)

I haven't tried your changes -- I'll wait for the single patch.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The way an email service should be