nano-devel

[Nano-devel] warning the user that some keys cannot be rebound

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] warning the user that some keys cannot be rebound
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 09:50:02 +0200

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016, at 07:16, Rishabh Dave wrote:
> Shall I attach the patch I sent to the bug? And this minor change
> included or un-included?

None of them.  Finally I have thought about it, and... well,
Left and Right are not rebindable, Shift+Left/Right are not
rebindable, and Shift+Ctrl+Left/Right are not rebindable either.
All of those keystrokes do left/right movements.  It would be a
bit strange to allow the user to rebind Ctrl+Left/Right to do
something different.  So... the Ctrl+Arrow keys will not become
rebindable.

The "solution" to bug #44688 [1] will have to be: to report to
the user that (apart from Space, Ins and Del) any keyname longer
than one character is invalid.

Benno

[1]  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44688

--