Re: [Monotone-devel] Thoughts about 'testresult'...

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Thoughts about 'testresult'...
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:14:35 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on 21 Apr 2005 10:03:16 -0700, Emile Snyder
<address@hidden> said:

esnyder> So al:richard or A:richard or '--latest-selector a:richard'
esnyder> would be the latest rev authored by richard, and rl:address@hidden
esnyder> would be the latest revision with a true testresult cert
esnyder> signed by richard.

I *like* the extra l syntax.  It's simple and to the point.

esnyder> But as a separate issue, is there anything that we would want
esnyder> the --cert=certname:certvalue flag that works like the
esnyder> --branch flag (in fact, --branch would just be a special
esnyder> case, --cert=branch:branchname) for?  Or am I just inventing
esnyder> useless features?

I see no reason for an option of that kind if we already have a
selector.  I can even imagine situations when that would be confusing:

        monotone diff --cert=foo:var -r cl:bar=foo

Which should take precedense?

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:44:32 -0500, Timothy