Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.18

From: Tomas Fasth
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.18
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:12:37 +0200

Tomas Fasth skrev:
> Matthew A. Nicholson skrev:
>
>>>If I would have known this was coming so soon I would have
>>>finished up my work on debian init scripts and submitted it.
>>>I think I will work on that this week.
>

> Hi Matthew, all,
>
> I did an initial upload of monotone 0.18 to debian unstable earlier
> today. The upload has been (very) long overdue, I admit. Looking on
> the bright side, version 0.18 seem to be a very good starting point
> from a package maintainer's point of view.

Hm, although monotone-0.18 has reached the upload queue it seem to
be stuck there for a while. There is a lot of package updates in the
queue already and the progress is slow. Probably because of the
ongoing work on the next stable release.

> Matthew, you mention some work you have done on debian init scripts.
> Can you please elaborate further on this? What does it do? How does
> it improve the use of monotone in debian?

I have just noticed and read the "Debian init scripts for monotone"
thread on the list. It gave me some fair answers to my questions.

--
Tomas Fasth <address@hidden>
GnuPG 0x9FE8D504