Re: [Monotone-devel] Tracking an "vendor branch"

From: Julio M. Merino Vidal
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Tracking an "vendor branch"
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:12:27 +0000

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 17:18 +0200, Jon Bright wrote:

> It seems like doing this whole string of things is something that could
> reasonably be integrated together into a command...
>
> $ monotone transformed
>
> ...or so?  It seems like a reasonably common case.  I wouldn't want to
> get into arch-world where there seems to be a culture of doing lots of
> little personal scripts to achieve stuff.  Then again, I also wouldn't
> want to get the arch thing of having a very large command set, so maybe
> this isn't such a good plan.

It sounds like a good idea to me.  This is something I've wanted to do
some times in the past (nothing serious, so I never got to it), so it'd
be nice to have it integrated... maybe a variation of the import
command "a la cvs"?  (e.g., vendorimport)

At the very least, a note inthe manual and/or FAQ could be good.

Julio M. Merino Vidal <address@hidden>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/