[Monotone-devel] list unknown fails

From: Kevin Greiner
Subject: [Monotone-devel] list unknown fails
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:30:06 -0400

I'm working on "vendor branches" and have encountered a specific error that feels like a bug. In fact, I think I'm seeing the same problem reported here http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2005-02/msg00061.html but as that question didn't get a response.

I found that I need to drop the missing files and directories prior to adding the unknown ones. In the following message, the bar directory was deleted in the working copy. Here is the message.

>monotone list unknown
monotone: misuse: file disappeared but exists in new manifest: src/foo/bar/bang.c

Is this generally understood and correct behavior?

Thanks again for everyone's help.