Re: [Monotone-devel] list unknown fails

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] list unknown fails
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:27:59 +0200

Derek Scherger wrote:

well... it's building the current manifest so that other files that aren't mentioned in this can be considered as unknown and it can't build this manifest when some files in it don't currently exist. so yeah, I think this is currently "correct" behaviour however it is somewhat questionable.

I've wondered a bit whether an alternate form of the status command might list all files and their current status: unknown, ignored, missing, current, changed, renamed etc...

Could do a bit of both. "status" gives status of everything, "status -ignored -unknown" gives everything except ignored and unknown, "status changed" gives just changed stuff?

Certainly, a "status" that lists everything would be most useful for GUI stuff - though that can also be an automate command.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.