[Monotone-devel] Re: Removing things from the database

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Removing things from the database
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:39:33 -0500

Nathaniel Smith wrote:

This is still blocked on not having a sensible solution for Windows
support, right?

Windows can't do pipes as such (afaik), but you could do ...

Err... and how do you select()?

oh, the win32 API is really not as lame as the standard charicature makes it out to be; it's just really large and a bit baroque. you might think of it like, say, "the API in which every proposal for posix was accepted". it absolutely has pipes and a select-workalike. and several other IPC mechanisms which posix doesn't. I was just pointing out that some small parts of christof's stuff might need adjustment to work on windows. if mingw32 has done its job right, there may be no adjustment needed. but we'll need to check.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ipc/base/pipes.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dllproc/base/creating_a_child_process_with_redirected_input_and_output.asp

(there are some coding style issues I'll probably want to change before I merge either of the cvs and ssh branches, but those aren't really a big deal. I'm thrilled to see all the progress christof is making -- great work!)

-graydon