Re: [Monotone-devel] Removing things from the database

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Removing things from the database
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:44:59 +0100

Matthew A. Nicholson schrieb:
Christof Petig wrote:
This would work like a distributed remove command. If you evaluate
invalidation certificates after sync is completed and do it in issued
order (possible ?) you could even revoke remove certs (and revive (or
re-receive the data if necessary)).

Not quite what I mean.  I just want to be able to remove information
from the db.  Like I don't want to have branches and things in there
that I will never use again, from the one time I synced with venge.net.
I want to physcially remove the information, not mark a branch as
deleted.  This would only operate on the local db.

Julio talked about changing the changelog afterwards. Why limit the
command to the local, non distributed case?

If you synced with another server before correcting the changelog you
would receive the wrong cert again and again once you resync with it.
And since this cert invalidation certificate also might be able to cover
other problems I still believe it's a reasonable way to go.

   Christof