Re: [Monotone-devel] Creating Branches & Building Monotone

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Creating Branches & Building Monotone
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:36:19 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
I pulled the monotone sources but couldn't find a
"configure" file in the source tree.

You need to run "autoreconf --install" to create the various
autogenerated files.

I also seem to need aclocal-1.7 before that, ymmv -- not to be confused with jmmv. ;)

We really should add this stuff to the INSTALL file in a short section about building from a fresh checkout.

It might be helpful to add some UI here... maybe "commit" with no
changes, but with a new branch cert, should just cert the parent
revision as being on that branch?

How about a "branch" command that certs some revision into the specified branch similar to some of the other cert shortcut commands?

Cheers,
Derek