Re: [Monotone-devel] Creating Branches & Building Monotone

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Creating Branches & Building Monotone
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:28:37 -0600

Logan Sackette wrote:
Hi all,

I have been using monotone since .14 without much
trouble. but I didn't setup a server under .15. However, I have been unable to pull from a .16 server
even though I have no problem using it locally.

I pulled the monotone sources but couldn't find a
"configure" file in the source tree.

Secondly, I would like to know how to create a new
branch for something I have already committed. Basically, I want to do this:
%monotone --db=proj.db --branch=br1 co tmp
%monotone --db=proj.db --branch=new_br commit '....'

instead of:
%monotone --db=proj.db --branch=br1 co tmp
<some edits/add/drop/rename>
%monotone --db=proj.db --branch=new_br commit '....'

Thanks for you help and thanks for monotone.

.v

Creating new branches in .15 is broken. Normally you can just commit a new branch, but this does not work in .15. It's fixed in 16, but there are other bugs, but it's much better than .15. Not sure about your first issue, it may be that you can't pull/push between .16 and .15.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-land.com