[Monotone-devel] Creating Branches & Building Monotone

From: Logan Sackette
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Creating Branches & Building Monotone
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:10:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I have been using monotone since .14 without much
trouble.  but I didn't setup a server under .15.
However, I have been unable to pull from a .16 server
even though I have no problem using it locally.

I pulled the monotone sources but couldn't find a
"configure" file in the source tree.

Secondly, I would like to know how to create a new
branch  for something I have already committed.
Basically, I want to do this:
%monotone --db=proj.db --branch=br1 co tmp
%monotone --db=proj.db --branch=new_br commit '....'

instead of:
%monotone --db=proj.db --branch=br1 co tmp
<some edits/add/drop/rename>
%monotone --db=proj.db --branch=new_br commit '....'

Thanks for you help and thanks for monotone.

.v