m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] ewts problems

From: Élie Roux
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] ewts problems
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 19:29:46 +0200

> Sorry for the poor documentation.  The full manual of *.mim
> file format is here:
>
> http://www.nongnu.org/m17n/manual-en/m17nDBFormat.html#mdbIM
>
> The format for variable declaration is this:
>
> VARIABLE-LIST ::= '(' 'variable' VARIABLE-DECLARATION * ')'
> VARIABLE-DECLARATION ::=  '(' VAR-NAME [ DESCRIPTION VALUE VALUE-CANDIDATE *
> ]')'
> VAR-NAME ::= SYMBOL
> VALUE ::= MTEXT | SYMBOL | INTEGER
> VALUE-CANDIDATE ::= VALUE | '(' RANGE-FROM RANGE-TO ')'
> RANGE-FROM ::= INTEGER
> RANGE-TO ::= INTEGER

Thank you for this!

> Just changing the first 0 to 1 as this should work.

It did, thanx!

> "a bug in iBus"?  How did you change the value?

Maybe it's not iBus but Gnome/iBus or Gnome input, or something like
that... But if I have a "Setup" option in the keyboard menu that has an
"advanced" tab with the option, so I can theorically change its value on
the fly. But it has no effect... But as long as the default value is
correct (which it is in your new file), it's fine!

> Anyway, could you please try the attached
> one?  That version restores the variable "precomposed" but
> with the default value 1.

Works fine, thank you very much! Will you adapt the Changelog yourself?

Thank you,
--
Elie