m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] ewts problems

From: K. Handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] ewts problems
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 00:49:10 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Élie Roux <address@hidden> writes:

> Here is what I believe is the final version of the file, as well as the
> updated Changelog.

Thank you for the file, but I don't understand this part:

 (variable
- (precomposed
-  (_"Flag to tell whether or not to generate precomposed characters.
-If 1, generate precomposed characters if available (e.g. \"ྲྀ\"(U+0F76).
-If 0, generate only decomposed characters (e.g. \"ྲྀ\" (U+0FB2 U+0F80).")
+ (nfd
+  (_"Flag to tell whether or not to nfd or NFD Unicode Normalization.
+If 1, generate NFD (e.g. U+0F76).
+If 0, generate nfd (e.g. ).")
   0 0 1))

As far as I know, "U+0F76" is NFC and "U+0FB2 U+0F80" is
NFD.  With this change:

-  ("-i" (cond ((= precomposed 0) "ྀ")
+  ("-i" (cond ((= nfd 1) "ྀ")
              ((= @-1 ?ྲ) "ྲྀ")
              (1 "ྀ")))

you change the default behavor from NFD to NFC.  But if you
want to do that, just change the default value of
"precomposed" to 1 is enough; you don't have to introduce a
variable of opposite meaning (and anyway, the name "nfd" is
misleading).

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden