lynx-dev

Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:20:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Hendrik-Jan Heins wrote:

2007/7/24, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Hendrik-Jan Heins wrote:

> Hello Thomas,
>
> So it was the encoding all along!
> I changed it now to: "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" and indeed,
> it just works now.
> I also tested with other browsers and they seem to be fine with it.
>
> But I am curious: do you think this is something a lot of people get
> wrong? Because that would mean that this is a bigger problem then it

I _think_ not many people pay attention to it.  In 15-20 minutes last
night I was not able to find any documentation on the feature other
than the RFC's mention of the default value.  There may be something
in the area of mailto's that applies...

> seems. And I have no idea how much browsers actually do with the
> enctype parameter...

...at least for w3m and (e)links(2), I can read the source to see
if they do anything.  (I suppose for mozilla/etc also, though their
code is - ahem - less concise).

Ah yes, but elinks and w3m just seem to work!
At least when I tested this, they didn't have a problem with it.

sure - If they don't implement that feature, they'll just-work, because
the server was only expecting the default encoding.

On the other hand, if they _do_ implement the feature, there might be something to learn (depends of course on where the behavior derives ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net