lynx-dev

Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path

From: Hendrik-Jan Heins
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:38:43 +0200

Hello Thomas,

I'm sorry, but I'm not that good at reading the trace lynx gives. I
can sort of see what's happening, and it looks like lynx approaches
the request from different paths. Apparently they don't work as in the
end lynx resorts to some sort of apache root.
If that is happening, what doesn't lynx "see" the page right at the
correct location?

Hendrik-Jan

2007/7/17, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>:
On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 09:41:21AM +0200, Hendrik-Jan Heins wrote:
> Exactly.
>
> blackbox isn't explicitly defined, but it is the box hostname. However
> I see no reason why lynx switched virtual domains here!
> Moreover: lynx appears to be the only browser to do so. as I said, in
> a lot of other browsers it just works. The pages are also validated as
> correct html.
> How can I find out why this is happening?

You can see _where_ lynx does it by examining the trace file -
run "lynx -trace http://linux-wless.passys.nl/";, and look in $HOME/Lynx.trace

The lines with "HTParse" show what URL data lynx was using, and what
it thinks it's looking for.  As I noted, it's possible that it gets
confused about whether it should use an absolute or relative path in
the GET.

For reference, here's the last chunk of trace leading up to the GET:

HTParse: aName:`http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_part.php?brandname=
1st Wave
'
   relatedName:`'
   want: path
HTParse: (ABS)
HTParse:      encode:`query_part.php?brandname=
1st Wave
'
HTParse:      result:`query_part.php?brandname=
1st%20Wave
'
HTParse: aName:`http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_part.php?brandname=
1st Wave
'
   relatedName:`'
   want: host
HTParse:      result:`linux-wless.passys.nl'
LYCookie: Searching for 'linux-wless.passys.nl:80', '/query_part.php?brandname=
1st%20Wave
'.
Checking cookie 0x3c10f7d0 linux-wless[]=Linux+wireless+website
        linux-wless.passys.nl linux-wless.passys.nl 1 /query_part.php?brandname=
1st%20Wave
 / 0
HTTP: Sending Cookie2: $Version ="1"
HTTP: Sending Cookie: linux-wless[]=Linux+wireless+website
Composing Authorization for linux-wless.passys.nl:80/query_part.php?brandname=
1st%20Wave

HTAASetup_lookup: No template matched `query_part.php?brandname=
1st%20Wave
' (so probably not protected)
HTTP: Not sending authorization (yet).
Writing:
GET /query_part.php?brandname=
1st%20Wave
 HTTP/1.0\r
Host: linux-wless.passys.nl\r
Accept: text/html, text/plain, text/css, text/sgml, */*;q=0.01\r
Accept-Encoding: gzip, compress, bzip2\r
Referer: http://linux-wless.passys.nl/\r
Cookie2: $Version="1"\r
Cookie: linux-wless[]=Linux+wireless+website\r
\r
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP: WRITE delivered OK
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
HTTP: Trying to read 1535