lynx-dev

Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:17:02 +0100

Thomas Dickey wrote:

I had in mind to approach this by looking to see if I could find when/why
the leading "/" for a GET of a query is optional (or not).

It's required by HTTP. All within host relative addressing must be handled by the client. (When sending to a proxy, the http://host also needs to be sent, and it is also permitted, as an alternative to Host: headers, for HTTP/1.1 clients.

Incidentally, one common cause of differential failure to resolve relative URLs is the incorrect use of \ instead of /. I don't know if that applies here.

--
David Woolley