lynx-dev

Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path

From: Hendrik-Jan Heins
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:44:00 +0200

I did some more testing:
If I ask for:
http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_part.php?brandname=1st+Wave
or:
http://linux-wless.passys.nl:80/query_part.php?brandname=1st+Wave

Lynx just works. So it seems to be something about the way lynx parses
the code from the requesting page.

For the sake of completeness; this is the code:

<form action="query_chipset.php" method="get" enctype="text/plain"
target="_parent">
<select name="chipset" size="0">

</select>

<input type="submit" value=" Toon "/>
</form>

(Cut from Firefox).

Hendrik-Jan

2007/7/16, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Hendrik-Jan Heins wrote:

> [...]

sorry - I have only a rough knowledge of Apache.
(at the moment I'm deep in an xterm change).

I had in mind to approach this by looking to see if I could find when/why
the leading "/" for a GET of a query is optional (or not).

With some checking, I can see that it's more complicated than that:
just skipping the "/" for that GET is still leaving a newline in the
query which appears to confuse the server:

HTTP: Not sending authorization (yet).
Writing:
GET query_part.php?brandname=
1st%20Wave
  HTTP/1.0\r
Host: linux-wless.passys.nl\r

The reason for the slash is because lynx has decided that it needs an
absolute reference in this case.