Re: Discourse

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Subject: Re: Discourse
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 11:39:53 +0100

Am Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 12:17:02AM +0100 schrieb Jean Abou Samra:
> Le jeudi 23 février 2023 à 17:08 -0600, David Wright a écrit :
> > I just tried ^P on the same link in FF, and I got a bar that said:
> >
> >   "Firefox prevented this site from opening a pop-up window. [Preferences]
> > ×"
> >
> > What does it contain/is it for?
>
> It contains a printing dialog. Try it, it won't bite you :)

It’s actually not the printing dialog, but a print version of the website.
The Print dialog opens on top of that. You can see this when you cancel the
print dialog - the popup is still there. Apparently, the print version is
constructed so differently from the normal version, that it must be
generated separately, instead of applying print-specific stylesheets on the
original website.

--
Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

Democracy is a process which guarantees that
we are not governed any better than we deserve.