Re: Discourse

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Discourse
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 15:14:08 -0800

On 2023-02-23 3:08 pm, David Wright wrote:
On Thu 23 Feb 2023 at 23:50:43 (+0100), Jean Abou Samra wrote:
Le jeudi 23 février 2023 à 22:14 +0000, Wols Lists a écrit :

> Many of the websites I interact with on a regular basis (shopping, of
> course) have completely broken print interfaces, so bad that one page of
> interesting web text will give 20 pages of print with all of the
> interesting text missing ...

I just tried Ctrl-P on https://discuss.python.org/t/pep-702-marking-deprecations-using-the-type-system/23036 (in Firefox). It gave me a perfectly legible and relatively nicely formatted PDF.

I just tried ^P on the same link in FF, and I got a bar that said:

"Firefox prevented this site from opening a pop-up window. [Preferences] ×"

What does it contain/is it for?

That's an overly aggressive pop-up blocker. Opening new pages for printing is a pretty normal use case.

But you should be able to manually add "/print" to the end of the URL and navigate to the page without the pop-up block.

-- Aaron Hill