Re: Discourse

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Discourse
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 07:48:36 -0600

On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 7:12 AM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
>  a bridge with this list.

This existed in the past with Nabble.

If Discourse can be configured to simply provide a web interface for
the email list, I think that would be more of a restoration rather
than a change to the LilyPond community's group communication.

I've interacted via email with another Discourse forum, containing a
fair number of members using email exclusively for it, and it seemed
to work well. Some web-only features such as polls would not be
accessible via email and would either need disabled down to
email-equivalent functionality or make Discourse users aware that
posts of that nature will not reach the full community.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA